With hundreds of different teacher training courses available, choosing between them can be a challenge in itself.
There are schools and universities offering teacher training all over the country, but no two courses are the same. They all have different strengths and features, as well as unique course content and structures.
You will want to bear in mind your own preferences when searching for courses, which might include:
- age group
- type of training course (e.g. school or university-led)
And before you decide which course to opt for, it's a good idea to:
- have a look at our Trainees' stories and Teachers' stories pages
- speak to local schools and universities to find out more about their courses
- do some research on courses in your area online and through the local press
- follow @getintoteaching on Twitter for tips and advice from trainees and teachers, and information about available course places.
You can use the UCAS Teacher Training website to search and apply for places on all teacher training courses. School Direct courses, including those run by SCITTs, will be under the name of the school that is leading the training. SCITT courses will be under the name of the SCITT school.
Make sure you read our application tips for useful information and advice about the application process and advice on writing a strong personal statement.