New features of NPQH
The National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) is the first choice qualification for anyone aspiring to headship. The programme has been significantly redesigned with new features designed to produce the most outstanding generation of school and academy leaders to date.
- A higher bar on entry, with a challenging assessment event which has been reduced to one day.
- Essential modules focusing on key aspects of headship.
- The modular approach will require participants to complete three essential and two elective modules potentially enabling them to progress to higher level qualifications.
- A longer placement lasting a minimum of nine days, combining a whole school strategic leadership task, as well as an opportunity to work with outstanding headteachers in a different context.
- Access to peer learning and optional coaching to extend and maximise learning throughout the whole programme.
- A credible, valid and reliable final assessment.
Take a look at the new NPQH model.