Programmes for school leaders
We run several programmes which provide professional development for leaders in specific roles, contexts, or with specific aspirations such as system leadership or progressing to headship in a challenging school.
Headteachers and academy leaders
- Fellowship Programme – for national leaders of education who wish to challenge themselves further, broadening their perspective to influence the education system
- Head Start – a support programme for headteachers within the first two years of their initial headship. This programme will only be available in its current form until August 2014 as it will be transitioning to the new leadership provision for new and aspiring headteachers, delivered through licensees.
- Local Leaders of Education Programme – for strong leaders who want to work with heads in other schools to drive forward improvements
- National Leaders of Education and National Support Schools Programme – for outstanding leaders who want to work with staff in their own school to support other schools in challenging circumstances
- National teaching schools – for outstanding schools who are ready to play a leading role in the training of teachers, support staff and headteachers as well as raising standards through school-to-school support
- Primary Executive Headteacher (PEH) provision – for experienced headteachers aspiring to become effective multi-school leaders
Middle leaders and aspiring headteachers
School business managers (SBMs)
Chairs of governors