Page 3 of 7
The 16-19 Bursary Fund Guide has been updated for the 2012/13 academic year and is now available to download from the 16-19 Bursary Fund page on our website. The guide gives advice to schools, colleges, academies, training providers and local authorities (providers) on the administration of bursary funding within their organisation.
The 2012/13 version of the guide stresses the need for providers to ensure that the funds at their disposal are targeted towards those students experiencing the greatest financial disadvantages and/or course-related costs, and clarifies the allocation methodology for 2012/13.
The 16-19 Bursary Fund Q&A for providers and local authorities has also been updated for the 2012/13 academic year. The Q&A includes answers to some key questions that providers and local authorities may have about the administration of the fund. If you have any questions that this document does not answer, please email your query to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following feedback from the sector, we have also produced a document which gives some examples of good practice by providers in administering the 16-19 Bursary Fund to support providers in developing their own policies for 2012/13.
These three documents have been designed to be read in conjunction with one another.
Local authorities may also wish to consult the 16-19 Bursary Fund Audit Arrangements guide.
Please note: providers should note that the payment schedule for the 16-19 Bursary Fund in 2012/13 has changed as follows: Two-thirds (approximately 67 per cent) will be paid in August; the remaining one-third (approximately 33 per cent) will be paid in April 2013. For more information you can visit the 16-19 Bursary Fund page on our website or email us.
Page 3 of 7
This document sets out the arrangements for the administration of the 16-19 Bursary Fund in the 2012/13 academic year.
PDF, 176 Kb
Provides examples of good practice on the administration of the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund.
PDF, 246 Kb
Information on the bursary scheme which offers financial help for 16- to 19-year-olds to continue in full-time education, who might otherwise struggle for financial reasons.